Peishi (Charissa) Li
Burnaby Massage Therapist (RMT)
Massage Burnaby Kingsway
Peishi (Charissa) Li previously worked in the health industry and in IT. As such, she is very knowledgeable about the postural stress that comes with standing and/or sitting for long periods of time. But the grind of sitting in from of the computer did not appeal to Charissa. Her real passion was to interact with people and help them improve their overall health. Charissa had a burning desire to do more then sit in a cubical all day and wanted to make a difference in people’s lives. So she decide to quit it all and enroll to become a registered massage therapist.
Peishi (Charissa) Li is a graduate of Vancouver Career College and is a member of the College of Massage Therapists of BC and the Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC and has achieved her dream of becoming a RMT in Burnaby. Her goals are to decrease stiffness, alleviate pain, and prevent injury to help you return to your daily life as quickly as possible. She is passionate about helping people relieve muscle tension and stress, as well as recover from overuse and musculoskeletal injuries including, but not limited to:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic neck/shoulder/back pain
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Injuries such as Whiplash from Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunctions (TMJ)
- Pre/post natal massages
With a well rounded approach to health and because of her background working at a desk all day, Charissa knows how being inactive can lead to back, neck and shoulder pain. Coming from the corporate world she is familiar and can identify many problems many people have with techniques like Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, trigger point release, active release, prenatal massage and passive stretching.
Some common massage techniques include:
- Swedish Massage: This is the most common type of massage, which involves long strokes, kneading, friction, and sometimes tapping to improve blood flow, ease tension, and promote relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This type of massage targets the deeper layers of muscles and connective tissues, using slower strokes and more pressure to release chronic tension.
- Prenatal Massage: Prenatal massage is a type of massage therapy that is specifically designed for pregnant women. It is a safe and effective way to reduce stress, alleviate pregnancy-related discomfort, and promote relaxation during pregnancy. Prenatal massage is usually performed by a licensed massage therapist who has received specialized training in prenatal massage techniques. Prenatal massage has many potential benefits for pregnant women, including reducing stress and anxiety, improving circulation, reducing swelling, alleviating back pain and other pregnancy-related discomfort, and promoting better sleep.
- Trigger Point Massage: This massage targets specific points in the body that are believed to cause pain or tension, using pressure and release techniques to ease discomfort.
Charissa likes to be active and prior to entering the health industry, she played badminton doubles at the provincial level. She was an avid fan of soccer and was a soccer referee for over 8 years. She also enjoys communicating with people of different cultural backgrounds and is able to speak Mandarin and Cantonese.
Charissa is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Whether you are seeking a relaxation or deep tissue massage, as well as post injury or chronic pain, she is currently taking on new patients.
Specialties: Swedish, Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Trigger Point Release, Joint Mobilization, Prenatal Massage, Neuromuscular Therapy, Hydrotherapy, Active and Passive Stretching.
Certifications: Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)